Purpose: Support the daily activities of all functional areas at Allied Moulded Products, the Director of Support Systems, Quality Supervisor, other QA Inspectors, and the Materials Lab to insure Allied Moulded Products meets all Safety, Quality, and Delivery performance metrics.
Essential functions with indication of % of performance time:
- Work closely with Production and Maintenance to resolve quality problems. (15%)
- Perform quality assurance checks as described by Quality Assurance procedures, individual quality plans and Product and Process Audit requirements. (15%)
- Duties will include gauge calibration as defined in the calibration schedule and includes following proper procedures for checking machine tool accuracy. Includes maintenance of the gage catalog which shows all gages, calibration records, and calibration due dates. (10%)
- Perform layouts on parts, molds or other equipment from special instructions, sketch’s or blueprints based on the priorities defined by the Quality Assurance Work List. (10%)
- Support and perform U.L. testing on products and communicate results in written reports. (Must be certified by U.L. Engineering). (10%)
- Perform incoming, in-process and outgoing inspection according to Quality Plan requirements. (10%)
- Supports any required containment required in the event of Internal, External, and Supplier Concerns (5%)
- Performs process capability studies, both manual and with the use of a computer. Must be able to interpret SPC charts. (5%)
- Must be able to file all Quality Assurance Documents in proper location either on paper or by utilizing IQMS modules as required. (5%)
- Complete Q.A. reports. Includes researching the problem and recommending disposition of any non-conforming material. (5%)
- Perform other related duties as assigned. (5%)
- Lead by example to build constructive relationships by taking the initiative to make things better. (5%)
Mental / Visual Requirement:
Part-time normal and part-time concentrated attention and coordination required to use electronic and manual measuring devices. Must be able to work with people toward the common goal of a “quality product”. Must be able to pinpoint problems and provide informed solutions to those problems. Ability to work with limited supervision.
Must be able to lift and move material (like Allied’s material handling requirements). Must be dexterous—must be skilled enough with hands to pass a gage R & R study.
Education / Experience:
Prefer applicant possess a strong background in mathematics and report writing required. Must pass Allied Tow Motor testing requirements.