AMG is the Tool and Die group within Allied Moulded Products and is located by our Plant 1 location in Bryan, OH.
Purpose: This position, under minimal direction, is responsible and accountable for ensuring molds, dies and miscellaneous machining projects are manufactured and maintained to perform to Company standards. They are responsible to plan steps required for set up, manufacturing, and build of new mold and die components, existing mold and die repair, and fixtures.
- Follow all safety rules. Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Read and understand CAD drawings and tolerancing and able to navigate in 3D CAD environment.
- Write or adjust CNC programs using CAM software or at machine console.
- Plan out multi-step machining projects and sequence work to complete projects in the most time efficient way.
- Setup and use conventional tools and equipment, NC equipment, CNC equipment and EDM equipment to make and/or repair mold components, fixturing or special machining projects based on provided direction.
- Move and manipulate molds and dies using overhead crane and forklift.
- Complete standard preventive maintenance tasks on molds and dies.
- Accurately troubleshoot minor and major mold and die problems and determine appropriate fixes.
- Final fit mold and die details by machining or grinding to meet design specifications.
- Accurately inspect work performed using conventional inspections tools and gauges.
- Plan work on applicable machines to maximize lights out/unattended machining.
- Utilize hard milling when appropriate.
- Use the applicable modules in IQMS to clock in/out, task time, create PO requisitions, pull tool crib items, create/close MRO work orders, move molds, and use other modules as needed.
- Complete tasks and assignment in a timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and expand skill set to advance to next level in AMG.
- Participate in design reviews, FMEAs, continuous improvement teams as needed.
- Work well with engineers, quality, production and other machinists.
- Serves as a mentor, when assigned, as part of the AMG mentor program
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ability to stay focused in a busy environment to avoid mistakes and maintain safety is critical. Good
close, distance, color, and peripheral vision as well as depth perception and the ability to see colors and adjust focus are required.
This position requires constant standing, use of hands and fingers, and eye-hand coordination.
This position also requires frequent walking, talking, hearing, and occasional sitting, turning,
twisting, bending at waist and reaching with hands and arms. Incumbent must be able to
frequently lift and carry up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Minimum of four years’ experience in a machining work environment
- CNC specific training, or CNC/Machinists certificate or degree
- Prior experience working on molds and/or dies
Must satisfy one of the options below:
- Three years of prior experience running CNC equipment, or
- Completion of applicable AMG mentoring programs